Tonight the steelers won the superbowl.
I tried to get into the spirit; I wore black and gold to work.
But in the end, I was much more satisfied cooking dinner for Mary and Tom, then watching part of the puppy bowl.
I just get a tiny bit frightened by the nationalistic undertones of being so invested in one's hometown team.
I know that sounds like a dumb or judgmental thing to say, but I do understand that alot of people get into professional sports because it's nice to have something to cheer for and get invested in. And, I definitely understand that partying (with an entire city of people) IS FUNNNN.
I wish I could've taken part, honestly. But, for some reason, it freaks me out.
So, Tom and I dropped Mary off and were going to go to school to work.
When we got into Tom's car, we heard lots of yelling coming from blocks away, so we figured that the game had ended.
Once we drove a few blocks, we started seeing people coming out of their houses.
Yelling, waving terrible towels, and banging their mailbox with a wooden spoon.
Everywhere in Pittsburgh, people were running in the streets, yelling and walking in big crowds.
We drove towards Oakland, down fifth and there were masses of people walking towards Downtown. When you honked at them, the immediate reaction was to cheer and throw their ands in the air. This is the only time i could imagine this happening.
The air was thick with smoke and the sounds of helicopters and cop cars.
We could barely drive up Forbes because of the outrageous amount of people walking in the streets.
We almost drove head on into a cop car that was forced into our side of the road by the mass of people walking in the streets.
People screamed like they were dying.
I'm pretty sure this is what it would be like if there was some sort of apocalypse or alien invasion.
We did the drive a second time, as to never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment